Thursday 10 April 2008

Splitcoast challenges

I'm trying to complete as many challenges as possible at the moment and did quite well last week with these three. They're all made entirely with Stampin' Up! products too.

I'm also going to try and update my blog at least twice a week with the challenges. Yeah, I know you've heard it all before!!!

This card was made for Sketch challenge SC169 on SCS.
Using the So Lovely Hostess level 1 set I stamped the poppy in Chocolate Chip onto Very Vanilla card stock. I used water colour pencils and my SU Blender pen to colour the image. It was then mounted onto Regal Red and Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I stamped a piece of Creamy Caramel with Choc Chip ink and Sanded background stamp, then onto a Choc Chip mat and wrapped some organza ribbon around, warming it up with the heat gun to distress slightly. I inked up the positive side of a Cuttlebug folder with Choc Chip to get the effect on the Regal red card stock. The Old Olive was stamped with the Sanded stamp in Choc Chip. Both were matted on Choc Chipto complete.

This card was done for to Challenges. Sketch Challenge SC168 and Colour Challenge CC158.
I've used Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow and Orchid Oppulence Card Stock. Te image is from Summer by the Sea set and Sanded was used on the two coloured cardstock pieces(think you may have to click for close up to see.) The image was stamped in Basic Black ink and the greeting in Choc Chip. THe image was coloured using watercolour pencils and a blender pen. It was then covered in UTE and frozen to create the cracked glass vintage effect. THe card stocks were layered up and ribbon (not SU) was playered on top. The greeting has chlak round the edge to give it a vintage look and layered using a Marvy punch and Sizzix circles.

For some odd reason As I've been typing my third card has disappeared!! So will try uploading that again another time.

My little crafting bud Linz has actually launched her Blog so take a quick look if you can.

Happy crafting!
Lou x

No comments: